Good governance is the foundation of all successful organisations. Good governance is about creating boundaries, providing leadership, and driving strategy, so that your Centre can achieve its goals and make an impact. More than anything, good governance is about putting the interests of your Centre first and learning how to work effectively as a management committee to serve those interests.
Committee members play an essential, and challenging role, where they must drive the organisation's mission and manage resources, while ensuring compliance and fulfilling their legal duties. They are tasked with steering the Centre and ensuring its success, and while this can be a highly rewarding job, it is also one that can be demanding. The key to being a successful committee member, is understanding the essentials of governance in order to have the knowledge and confidence to steer a successful organisation.
This session is for both new committee members and anyone who would like a refresher in governance. This will also be a chance for committee members to network, share, and connect with each other.
This session will cover:
- What is a management committee?
- What are the principles of good governance?
- What are the main roles and responsibilities of a management committee?
- What are the committee's main legal responsibilities?
- How can committees manage (and avoid) conflict?
- Why is a good induction process essential?